Sunday, February 9, 2014

Introduction - A Little Bit Crunchy

I created this blog to mainly help me keep track of me becoming a little bit crunchy.
I hail from California, the Land of Fruits and Nuts (so I've learned we are called from living in the Midwest). We are all viewed as crunchy out there. But, the fact is, we are not all crunchy or granola-y (tree huggers, nature freaks, you get the idea). In fact, I kind of am the opposite. Except, I have always recycled. But since having my son, I have come to a few conclusions:
1. I do care what goes into my body; GMOs, artificial things, etc. I especially care what goes into my son's body.
2. It's economical to recycle and upcycle.
3. I care about the chemicals in my house.

So, I am on a new journey. One where I will recycle and upcycle (which are sort of the same thing. I will post the definitions of each soon), and one where I will use more natural products in my food, body products, and cleaners - even when dealing with upchuck.

I will take things slowly. I believe in order for a change to stick I have to take one thing at a time, even if that means one thing for a few days or a few weeks. I will report on what works, what doesn't, and list where I buy/order products and prices. Part of my journey is to save money for my family. I will be brutally honest, especially when I don't understand things. But I will always try to research things.

I will write about:
Using vinegar as a cleaner. Maybe as a health benefit...
Essential oils
Homemade deodorant
Homemade shampoo, soaps, etc
Replacing plastic with glass
Using pallet wood to upcycle
Seeds/Heirloom seeds
Herbs
and much more as I think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment